Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Bead Vegan: Sammy/Dip Curry Tofu

Once in awhile, I share my vegan recipes with you. This is one I've created as a variation to Vegan with a Vengence's dill sammy recipe. If you love Indian spices and flavors, you're going to love my quick and easy Mango Curry Tofu recipe. It can be a sandwich (sammy) filling or a dip. Here's a quick shot of the ingredients....

Four ingredients plus tofu make up this delicious sammy/dip recipe

Ingredients:

I use a regular tablespoon and teaspoon to measure. 

Cut up a block of extra firm organic tofu and wrap in a towel. Leave for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Crumble the tofu into a mixing bowl with your hands. 

Add 2-3 tablespoons of Veganaise
Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Add 1 teaspoon of Patak's mild curry paste
Add 2 teaspoons of Patak's medium mango pickle (make sure you get chunks of the mango and the paste when you measure out your pickle)

Still together.  I don't usually have to add any salt but you can. You can adjust adding more pickle, curry paste if you like. Just add it in small portions because the curry paste can quickly overwhelm the rest of the ingredients.
 
 
Yummy Mango Curry Tofu Sammy/Dip! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

As a vegetarian, this sounds delicious! I recently got my boyfriend into Indian food which he now loves. Maybe we will try this recipe! ~Val

Marianna said...

that looks and sounds yummy! Going to have to try that out for sure!

ps. I loved your post on the Christmas ornaments you're fusing couldn't resist a quick shout out about it on my blog today :)

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thanks Miss Val and Marianna! Try it, you'll like it! Really.

Glad you like the Christmas tree ornaments, Marianna - I'm off to you blog to check it out! :-)

Cindy