Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Tuesday Tangle: Digital Art Project


In last week's Tangle I shared my "DO" for the week. I was working on learning a new skill - creating digital art using the book Digital Expressions.


The book uses Photoshop Elements but will work if you have Photoshop (which is what I have). The concepts are the same but the menus are different in many places, so it takes some searching to figure out exactly which command will fit for the desired effect.

I worked through the first three projects in the book. Below is the third project called "Designing with Type." I can create a unique banner using the techniques for this project.

I took two images and overlayed them. I picked two that were on my computer. I wanted to have two very different images so I chose the flowers and a fuzzy image of myself.

I've had a phrase in my head that I've been working on incorporating into jewelry, "what matters most." I typed it out in different fonts and placed it willy nilly across the image.  I added a few more effects and this is what I got:



Next up will be bead images for a new banner and custom shipping/wrapping materials.

What did you "DO"  this week?

3 comments:

rosebud101 said...

That looks like a great book, Cindy! Thanks for sharing it!

Lacey said...

Caught a cold and gave it to both my husband and son...wasn't that nice of me? Feeling better now, maybe I'll get a chance to do something creative sometime this week.

raquel roysdon said...

I must get that book!!! Thanks so much Cindy