Monday, January 17, 2011

My Word for the Year....

Many of my fellow artists have picked a word or a phrase to inspire them or to focus on for the coming year. I've been introspective lately too thinking about where and what I really want to do. There are alot of changes going on in my house and it's time to re-think.

I need to keep things simple. So in the spirit of KISS, I have chosen one single word 2011. One I will bring myself back to when I start to get sidetracked.

Do.

Don't surf the web looking for inspiration (or a use it as a way to avoid actually doing something).

Do.

Make something.

Keep forging ahead in your new designs.

Make it rather than think it.

Do.

An outgrowth of the red lotus pods, I made this heart with the same set of wormhole like texture and shabby chic look. I embedded Vintaj colored 20 gauge wire for the loop. I love hearts and have collected them on and off for years. I have to say I'm at a loss though with what to title it. Any ideas?

Have you chosen a word for the year?

12 comments:

KristiBowmanDesign said...

I LOVE this heart!! Pink but not too pink, the patina brings the cutness factor down a notch but it's still very pretty, and the uneven texture is very cool. Good stuff!!

Unknown said...

Cindy that is just beaitiful! And your pods Im in Love!!

Mary Harding said...

I think "DO" is a great word for this year. Doing is the only way to make it happen. I have chosen "explore" as my word for this year. So far it has been a good choice for me.

TesoriTrovati said...

DO.
What a simple and stunning word choice. I chose FOCUS for much the same reasons. I need to stay on track and realize that my rabbit holing is keeping me from getting where I want to be.
And that heart is dynamite.
How about...
TNT Love

Enjoy the day!
Erin

cw whitedogjewelry said...

Cindy,

Your new design is wonderful! I see a lot of dimension and meaning to this piece. As for a title, I would choose "Heartfelt Desire". I think your word KISS is a great way to begin a new year. Keeping things a bit more simple, and not sweating the small stuff is very much needed in my life as well.
' love your work!
Best wishes is 2011.
Chris

Lisa Godfrey said...

Oh my gosh... I LOVE that heart! Do you have it listed for sale? I want it!! :-)

Lisa Godfrey said...

PS: I got so excited about that heart I forgot to tell you my word for 2011. It's Learn. :-)

Beadbug said...

I may have to adopt your word since I hadn't picked my own and yours is so perfect :)

KayzKreationz said...

I can't think of a word for it. But it is beautiful.

Elizabeth said...

My word for the year is going to be Celebrate. I will celebrate everything I complete, Everything I don't worry about, everytime I'm tempted to be bad but choose to be better.

Woohoo!!

As for your heart: Hearts and Flowers??

Michelle said...

I love your word. Simple and to the point.

Hmmm...What about Untamed?

Bead Happy!
Michelle

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thank you for the kind words about the heart! When inspiration hits, it seems there's a flood of designs that come out!

I love the words you all have chosen for the year. Each one suits where we all are right now on our paths.

Explore.

Focus.

Celebrate.

Together, I think they make a poem a mantra to keep up creating.

thanks for commenting!
Cindy