Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Wednesday Wire - Double Dips and Braggin' Rights

Today marks the beginning of a new feature on my blog - The Wednesday Wire.

I learned basic and intermediate wire at Beacoup Conge in Tucson Arizona. I was a wire jewelry artist before I was a glass beadmaker. In fact, I remember vowing with one of the women who worked at Beacoup Conge that we'd never touch light up a torch to make glass beads because we'd get addicted for sure! How I laugh at that now!

Since I've got a wire heart, I want to wear it out on my blog. Every Wednesday, I'll write about wire in some way shape or form. Often when I make glass beads, I've got a design in mind with wire at the heart.

A good example are the Double Dips which are simply flameworked glass and wire.


I had several jewelry ideas in mind when I went to the torch to make them. I've used the Double Dips to create a couple of easy wire projects. That leads me to the braggin' rights - the Double Dip easy wire projects will be published in the summer issues of Step by Step Wire Jewelry. One of the projects is the set of earrings entitled "Meandering."


So welcome to the Wednesday Wire! Nice to have you with me!

10 comments:

Patti said...

Your double dips are very cool and creative!

Pearl and Pebble said...

Very cool!

San said...

I noticed you were following my blog, so I had to come over and check out yours. What a treat!

Congratulations on your forthcoming magazine feature. Love your Double Dips.

Unknown said...

They are delicious!
Those earrings are my favorite!

Jackie @ Stinker and Spike said...

Nice!

Jeannie said...

It's wonderful when you can combine your favorite elements together.
My favorite, double dips.

Tammy said...

love the idea of combining lampworking wire, way cool!

Lithi said...

Very cool.

Heather said...

Cindy, so nice of you to organize your blogs by techniques for us. I really love your double dips and want to see more, more and more in lots of colors and different wires. Since my husband has banned me, probably for good reason, from playing with fire -you will have to be my source for these little gems!!

Cindy said...

Cindy, congrats on both publications!!! Your double dips are such an innovative idea with lots of possibilities!