Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Coffee Talk: Hallejuah! Headache Center



I'm feeling pretty good today while we sit over coffee and talk. Yesterday, I had an appointment with a neurologist to investigate my migraines further. When I arrived, the door announced "Headache Center" and under the title was the neurologist's name who I was seeing.

I was taken in right away and after the nurse took my blood pressure and took my MRI scan, I waited probably a minute before the doctor arrived.  He sat down and started to explain what a migraine was, where it started and what the progression was.

Everything he said described what I experienced right down to triggers and how women experience them more often than men because of hormonal changes.

Hallejuah!  Someone understands!

Migraines can't be cured (I knew that) but what was most important to me was I felt like after 2 years of seeking some kind of help for them, I'd finally found the right place, the right doctor.


What a relief!

7 comments:

EmandaJ said...

Oh, Cindy, I'm so glad you have found your help. I used to suffer migraines too (until I had a complete hysterectomy{sp!}) If you catch the migraine as it is coming on, you might be able to avert it. I have a friend who learned bio-feedback to help her deal with them.

Hang in there. You're in my thoughts,
Emanda

Michelle said...

I'm glad that you found this doctor. I don't suffer from migranes, but I do know what it feels like when you are looked at like you're nuts by others...you know that there is a problem and you just want to try to figure out how to get if corrected or under control!
Bead Happy!
Michelle

TesoriTrovati said...

I am so happy for you Cindy! What a relief to know that you might actually find some (relief, that is!). Enjoy the day!
Erin

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Cindy, I wish you headache-free really soon! And thanks for helping me out on Saturday at ABS, I didn't know who or how but I am thankful you were there for me...
while I was off having fun at Artfest you were suffering with your head, no fun!

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that you found the right doctor. Hopefully you will be able to at least ease your pain and avoid common triggers.

Belinda Saville said...

Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear that you suffer from migraines...they are the most awful things! Great to hear that you have found a doctor who understands and who, hopefully, can get them under control.

Hope you have a great (and migraine-free!) day! Belinda

Pretty Things said...

I hate migraines. Mine are related to a neuro problem so I have to get spinal taps and injections in the forehead and neck for them since no meds work, so dear, I feel your pain .

(Heh. At first instead of "feel" I wrote "fear". Good Freudian, that.)