Thursday, January 07, 2010

Can't work fast enough - Underestimate or Overestimate?

I'm working as fast as I can to put up all of the beads I want to clear out of my studio. I can't work fast enough! I may have to sacrifice the pretty descriptions so I can get on my site. Here's how the process works:

1. lay out all the trays of beads I have

2. re-organize into color or theme groups

3. place each group into a bag

4. set up for photos

5. take 4-6 photos of each bag

6. upload pictures to computer

7. choose 2-3 good pictures of each set of beads

8. upload pictures to web

9. organize and describe each and list on website

Yesterday's goal was to list 8 sets, I ended up listing 4.

Maybe this is TMI (too much information) but I felt I wanted to explain the sparseness of the descriptions. Here are a few of the beads I posted yesterday. I'm selling them cheap, cheap, cheap! They are ready to go to good homes :-)





I always underestimate how long something takes to do - what about you? Do you underestimate or overestimate?

5 comments:

mairedodd said...

UNDERESTIMATE... especially when i have made a piece, which can take a day or two or seven... then photographing, photoediting, flickr, blogger and maybe etsy... it takes tons of time... just keep at it as you can... will be watching!

Michelle said...

I am going to say a resounding "Yes"! It takes me longer than I think to do some things. Usually the things that I need to get done right away!
I feel your pain.
Bead Happy!
Michelle

Azure Accessories said...

Trust me I do understand...preparing for such as sale is a monumental amount of work!!!!!!

What a great sneak peak of beads...I'm looking forward to your sale!!!!
Cheers

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

My mom and I really UNDERESTIMATE. You sometimes don't realize what all goes into creating, taking photos, making descriptions and uploading the information to various sites. I think creating the item takes less time and is more enjoyable than anything else. Keep it up and it will get done! Love the beads!

Our Favorite Things said...

Always underestimate...why do we think we can do everything in 20 minutes? I must say that you are a step ahead of me, you at least have a list of what you need to do. Great preview of what's to come. Hang in there, you'll get it done. Good Luck and I can't wait to see the end result.