Thursday, December 17, 2009

Favorite Things: Designers

One of my favorite things is when designers send me pictures of the pieces they've made with my beads. It's a thrill to see someone else's creativity sparked by something I've created. When I form the glass, I usually have ideas about how to use them but I'm constantly amazed at the variety of ways they are used by jewelrymakers - ways I've never even thought of.

Mary Jane Dodd created a beautiful necklace called "winterberries" using the Ivory Links and Silver Ivory Double Dips.




The unique use of fiber is a hallmark of Mary Jane's work. The fiber introduces another level of texture to winterberries, reminding me that it's fibers that keep us warm in the winter.

Thank you for sending the picture Mary Jane and thank you for designing such a beautiful piece!

When a designer sends a picture to me, I upload it to a special flickr account where others can see these amazing designs. If you're ever wondering what can be done with any of my beads, you can see it on flickr. Maybe it'll spark your creativity - it does mine!

If you've designed with my handmade glass beads, please send me a picture! It's one of my favorite things!

5 comments:

mairedodd said...

thank you for this, cindy... and for your beautiful glass... it is so different in that it has such an organic feel to it... and i love that - you are such a talented woman! hope your migraines are letting up a bit...

Mary Harding said...

Hi Cindy,
That is indeed a beautiful piece and does your wonderful glass justice. Hope you will check out the Beads of Clay blog and see your glass beads there and on my blog too.

Lisa Crone said...

Wow, I can't stop looking at this necklace. There is so much to take in, what a cool design!

Mary B. said...

I love that - you are such a talented woman! hope your migraines are letting up a bit. Hope you will check out the Beads of Clay blog and see your glass beads there and on my blog too.

Jeannie said...

Cindy I'm sorry to hear you suffer from migraines. Not Cool.

The necklace, well...it is cool...so very cool.