Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Favorite Things - borrowing from scrapbookers

Every so often, I wander the scrapbook aisles at my local craft store. Being so pre-occupied lately, I found myself needing to get out of the house and wander on Sunday. I have a small but growing collection of stamps that I use to create my wrapping and shipping materials. So I gravitate toward the stamp section and on Sunday I fell in love with the Inkado clear stamps like these sweet winter birds



But I had to have the Tim Holtz Word Keys. I have a collection of vintage skeleton keys but I'm not quite able to alter them. The Word Keys are just the thing - I can alter them all I want and they have such meaningful words on them.
,


Do you have a favorite thing for your jewelry that you've borrowed from another craft?

3 comments:

Katie said...

I, too, am a sucker for the stamp aisle at my local crafty store...And the paper punches come in handy sometimes, too. I've made a few cards using those...And, I also made a couple of pins/ornaments with them - punched some snowflakes and stuck them onto polymer clay ornaments with Liquid Sculpey. I am usually in my store at least once a week...In fact, I am going there after work today :o)

TesoriTrovati said...

Scrapbook stuff is really fun to use. I have been into rubber stamps lately too. More for texture that I stamp on a Vintaj blank and then emboss for dimension for my charm pendant collection. The papers are fascinating to me as well. I use them in my W.O.W. pendants (which reminds me that I am behind on creating some that I promised for Christmas!). And right now I am holding a blog challenge for people to be inspired by the Sewing Kit. Thanks for the inspiration today, Cindy! Enjoy the day! Erin

Maneki said...

Yes, scrapbook things are so much fun incorporating in jewelry! I often buy papers, both for making jewelry and to make nice backgrounds when photographing my pieces. Rub-ons (inspired by Melinda Barta), stickers, brads, stamps etc etc.

Never been interesting in scrapbooking, but did like decoupage before I became a beader so that's a technique I've held on to. I also enjoy buying ribbons, beaded fringe, buttons, yarn, embroidery floss, fabric, ribbon flowers etc for my jewelry making. And of cause also o-rings, washers, electrical cables and other nick-nacks I find in the hardware store. I enjoy shopping for unusual things to try and make them into jewelry.