Friday, August 28, 2009

Colorwash!



Here's the Art Moderne Flower with the colorwash of red-pink on it. It's a nice translucent red-pink color. I love the color and the look! Makes me want to go around and color everything!

Restraint, Cindy, restraint!

This is just enough color without losing the whole point of the bronze.

I'm going to insert a warning here for Angela whose marker addiction I enabled yesterday by including a link to MarkersSupply.com. So if you're reading today, Angela, don't scroll down to see the actual markers!



I've painted the back of the pendant since bronze I've heard that bronze can turn some people's skin green. The Pebeo paint in the pens is actually resin, lead free and food safe. So by painting the back, I've sealed the bronze.



I have to go back and touch up the flower before I put it up on the website. While I do that, I'd like to ask you, what other color would you like to see on the Art Moderne Flower - yellow? blue? green?

4 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Now it really does look like a poinsettia!
That is a vibrant color. I have the alcohol inks that would give the metal more of a wash. It pools in the crevices and has more of an aged appearance and can even be blended. That is what I was envisioning. But this is so alive and bright. I love it!
I think you could really go wild with these little markers. Can't wait to see what you do next! Enjoy the day, Cindy!
Erin

Unknown said...

I think blue would look great.
Those markers are very cool, thanks for sharing the link =)

Emi

Joann Loos said...

definitely Gitane Blue (in the frosted colors) I can't wait to get some and play with the bigger czech beads :D

Jeannie said...

Cindy, those markers are a great find, thanks. I never heard of them before.
I would leave as is and add color by making a necklace.
It is really beautiful