Tuesday, July 01, 2008

What's Up in the Studio - Pulling Points

Ahhh, I've got a whole day to myself! I can't wait to get into the studio and start working on some new things. What are the new things you ask? I mentioned on Studio Saturday I have a half case of glass tubing ready to play with.


There are lots of techniques I can play with when I use tubing. The most basic application is to "pull points" to create a blowpipe. But before I go into a lot of technical glassy vocabulary which will put you to sleep immediately - the best way to tell you about what I'm playing with in the studio is to show you. Here's a master of flameworking, Hans Godo Frabel using tubing to make a hollow glass clown. I'm only just beginning so I'm learning all the techniques he's demonstrating - but I'm learning! I sooo want to go bigger than beads - sculpture and goblets, YAY!

No comments: