Friday, May 16, 2008

Re-stocking or Addiction?

I jumped out of bed this morning and ran to the computer - Darn! Too early to put in my order for the new color available from DoubleHelix Glass. Good lordy - why in the world does a new glass color cause so much excitement?


Take a look at this glass, it's call "Triton." Cool, huh? Can't you just see the beads made of this glass?

I tell myself I'm re-stocking.

True, I'm running low on Psyche and I'm allowing myself to "re-stock" every two months in order to stay within budget.



Ooo-ahhh look at the colors in Psyche! The iridescence in the purple is so lovely in person, this picture just doesn't do it justice. How can I let myself run out of it?!?

If I'm honest, I think it's a glass addiction and not true re-stocking.

Why?

Because I was in the local stained glass shop buying more sheet glass for my fused cabs. I haven't actually MADE one of them since my handpainted Red ART flower necklace.



But bUt BuT... I AM working on new cabs and didn't have any clear to cap off the tops.

(insert graphic of me hanging head in shame here)

Yep, that's one of the stages of addiction: denial.

Is there a twelve step for glass addiction?

No comments: