Friday, May 09, 2008

BIM!! Sewing Saga....


Cool news! While surfing Twitter to add new people, I found Buffalo Indie Market - I'm excited to see the Handcrafted Indie movement taking root here - Buffalo is such a great place for it! YAY! I've sent an inquiry and would love to vend - I think the Heartz n Skullz series is the perfect for an indie/edgey market, don't you? Well, while I'm waiting to hear from BIM I'm deep in sewing the cosplay.

Cosplay: short for "costume play" is a Japanese subculture centered on dressing as characters from manga, anime, tokusatsu, and video games (from Wikipedia.org).

I'm working on the costume for Anime North for the teen. I'm halfway through the yellow hooded shirt.



Admittedly, I was worried about the sewing. I haven't sewn anything in 18 years and I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Once I started the machine - it was like riding a bike - a much better bike mind you, but it all came back.

While I'm sewing this morning, I'll be heating up the kiln to do a few fused glass pieces. I'm in the middle of the altered art glass and want to get those done.

No comments: