Monday, April 14, 2008

The Bling Factor: Fine Silver

This week is The Bling Factor in Flamework Glass. Once I came up with the off-hand organic glass links, I started to add different things to them to see what I came up with. What I came up with is The Bling Factor! Fine Silver foil can be permanently incorporated into glass when it's at the near molten stage. But since silver leaf and foil can give glass it's color, you want to be sure you don't burn all of it into the glass. When it sits on/near the surface or encased in clear, you get The Bling Factor! On transparent glass, it's particularly sparkly as in the Denim Blue Glass Link below

A Bit-of-Bling in the Silver and Summer Green glass links I showed you yesterday. I had to show them again because I love the happiness of the green!




Silver foil on ivory glass gives the glass link an earthy quality with just a bit of bling.


Which bling do you prefer? Sparkly? Bit-of-Bling? Earthy?

2 comments:

Carlene said...

Ohhhhh, those earthy ones are the ones for me! Very cool!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thanks, Carlene, I'm very pleased with how they turned out. I'll be putting them up on the website this weekend. Thanks for commmenting!

Cindy