Monday, September 17, 2007

What does a beadmaker do when she's not making beads?




A week ago, I went to Rockin' at the Knox - the annual fundraiser for the Albright-Knox Art Gallery. Headliner was Elvis Costello - one of my favorite musicians! He performed Green Shirt which he hasn't performed in years - over articulating the "t" and "k" at the end of the words - awesome. The encore was What's So Funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding" a song I've been blaring on my car stereo every morning. It poured that evening - all of the concert goers were soaked but most of us stayed.

My son, the budding photojournalist, took these pictures. Upon arrival at the festivities, he went to the stage and stayed there the entire 6 hours! For me, these shots wer worth it.

The best thing about the concert, though, was that I was standing next to my 15 year old who loved Elvis as much as I did! He was very impressed his Mom jumped up and down and screamed the lyrics along with him. Doesn't get any better than that - I am a lucky person!

3 comments:

melanie brooks said...

I am a HUGE elvis c fan too! I didn't know you liked him. I have seen him twice, but it was long ago...

Sounds like a great show.

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Wow! Cool! yet another thing to love about you, Melanie! Did you see him with the Attractions or without? Last week, he had the keyboardist/pianist from the Attractions with him Steve Nieve - that guy is awesome!!

Unknown said...

OMG. Look what I found! A Meet and Greet with Richard Branson and Elvis Costello".How cool is this, I never thought I would ever have a chance like this. If you want a chance to bid on this visit this link. www.ebay.com/virginunite. There is this item up for grabs and many others. I think the auction page says that new items go up ever week too.