Saturday, August 12, 2006

Development and Comfort....August 11, 2006




I'm developing a new series of beads and that means that while they're in development, the beads are not show-able. During a torch session, I'll make a few of the new series beads and then make a variation on one of my current series. It's comforting to go back to something I can make with confidence after working on new techniques/styles.

I've created slight variations on my hand beads. In the Cosmic Hand bead, I've made a separate "bail bead" and created the hand hanging from it. The flame-hand was inspired by a fellow beadmaker, Jim Anspach, who creates "fire and ice" beads with small flames. He was kind enough to post directions on how to create the flames. I used his tutorial to place the flames in the palm of my hand!

No comments: