Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ancient Glass.....August 27, 2006


While on vacation in Toronto, we went to the Royal Ontario Museum, the "ROM" - and in the new Asian exhibit was this grouping of horned and warring states beads. I've seen lots of pictures of ancient beads such as these, but I've never actually seen the real thing until now. The beads are big - probably around 30mm-50mm. I find that most beads that have that many layers of dots have to be large. The holes are much larger too than most modern day beads. I really like them - it was a real thrill to see some "live."

1 comment:

Miachelle said...

Glad to see you are enjoying your vacation...a jewelry designer can never leave the jewelry at home though! :-)I've gotten into trouble for squealing with delight at some bead-oriented place when we are on vacations. My husband just shakes his head and says "I'll see you later."